Monday, February 1, 2016

Boarder Spotlight Series: Meet Carol and Spike!

Happy Monday!

Today we are continuing our fabulous 'Boarder Spotlight' Series with Carol and her horse Spike!

1. Can you tell me a little bit about your horse? 
Spike is a draft cross and he will be 6 years old this spring. He is a mix of Belgian Draft, Quarter Horse and Thoroughbred. The first thing anyone says when they see him is " Wow, he is so big!" He is presently about 16.2 hands, but will probably grow a little more. Because of his draft looks, he gives the impression of being bigger. He is a real sweetheart with a great brain. He is totally cool doing solo trail rides, jumping or dressage.

2. How long have you been at Southwind? 
I just got Spike last May, but have been at Southwind about 10 years with my previous horses, Cassie and Jamie.

3. What type of riding and competing do you do?
I focus mostly on dressage , but also enjoy low-level jumping and lots of hacks. The mix of activity is good for both me and for Spike. I don't do many competitions, but try to compete a few times a year to gauge progress.

4. What is your favorite part of being at Southwind?
So many things! Southwind is great place to board. First of course is the excellent care . I know my horse is well taken care of, that staff are always on alert for potential problems  and available  to help when and if something should happen.
Southwind is also a wonderful environment and supportive community. The atmosphere is very low key, ( which is great for those of us who don't like high drama) , and there is tremendous support and good will among the boarders.  Spike and I are both very happy at Southwind.
I highly recommend it as a great place for horses and people.




No comments:

Post a Comment