Wednesday, May 11, 2016

BIG WELCOME to New Barn Manager Rachel!

We have some VERY exciting news for this Wednesday morning! Southwind Farm is beyond thrilled to welcome our newest staff member, barn manager Rachel. We are so excited to have Rachel join the Southwind family. Be sure to say hello to her when you see her around and keep reading below for more information!

Welcome Rachel!!!!

My name is Rachel. I am the new manager at Southwind Farm, and I look forward to working with you all!

Like most of you I've loved horses ever since I saw one for the first time. Growing up I bummed rides to every show and fair that happened close to where I lived and I rode with my friends whenever they went to see their horses. I rescued my own horse just before my 19th birthday, and together she and I have been primarily trail riding in hopes of becoming an endurance riding pair!

I attended Morrisville State College in their Equine Studies program and throughout those four years I worked at a different farm every summer. I was an assistant and stable hand on a multi-discipline training farm, I was the assistant trainer at a small training operation with 4-H and Pony Club, flew to Texas to work as a manager on a private dressage farm, and I wrapped up my last year of school doing a bit everything as an intern with the foals at The Last Chance Corral. I graduated in 2012 with my Associate Degree in Equine Management and I graduated again in 2015 with my Bachelor Degree in Equine Rehabilitation.

As a recent graduate I went to work as a veterinary and surgical assistant at Rhinebeck Equine Hospital in New York State. Running the clinic over night, assisting in surgeries, and following the patients through their recoveries fueled my passion for helping these special animals and the strong people who owned them. Each new client had more to show and teach me than the last.

With my background, I hope to be able to add valuable knowledge and skills to Southwind Farm and I can't wait to meet you!

-Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment