Monday, January 18, 2016

Boarder Spotlight Series: Meet Lauren & Jack!

Good morning!

Continuing our 'Boarder Spotlight' Series, today we are featuring Lauren Carey and her horse Jack!

1.) Can you tell me a little bit about your horse?
Jack is a 9-year-old off-the-track Thoroughbred. He stands 17.1 (plus a little) hands tall and I’m still not sure how they managed to cram his giant frame into a starting gate. He was an abysmal racehorse which thankfully makes him a great riding horse. I call him my “golden retriever trapped in a Throroughbred body.” He’ll do anything for a treat and follows me around like a puppy.

2.) How long have you been at Southwind?
We moved here 1.5 years ago, in July of 2014.

3.) What types of riding/competing do you do (if any)? 
Jack and I just transitioned from the hunters to eventing. We went eventing for the first time this fall and Jack finished first in his Beginner Novice group at both shows. We’re hooked now!

4.) What is your favorite part about being at Southwind?
There are a lot of things I like about Southwind. I really enjoy the variety of rings and riding areas. The indoor is great when it’s cold and blowing and on nice days the two outdoors rings, the trails and the fields with cross-country fences are all great to play with. I also really enjoy the people of Southwind. There’s a great group of boarders and riders to chat with and the staff are amazing!




No comments:

Post a Comment