Monday, October 3, 2016

Reflections of Southwind Farm

Good morning,

Today we want to share with you a beautiful letter written from Meridith Hurd, reflecting on her time at Southwind Farm.  Don't forget we are still accepting boarders! Contact Sheri today at: www.southwindfarminc.com 

"When I came to Southwind as a boarder with my two horses Cinder and Dom, I was a sophomore in high school. Some of my most favorite memories as a young adult were going to the barn (after my homework was done) to go on a relaxing trail ride with friends or to take a lesson in preparation for a show. At the time, I was actively riding, training and showing in hunters and jumpers, and also foxhunted for many years until my family made the decision to retire Cinder and Dom. Both my parents rode at Southwind too! It was truly a family affair. 

Shortly after Cinder and Dom were retired, I went off to college. However, while both horses were enjoying retirement, my parents and I added to the family with two new horses Juanca and Bayley who moved into Cinder and Dom’s stalls. Juanca and Bayley both needed training and I couldn’t have been successful without the knowledge of Sheri’s horsemanship.
I not only have fond memories of spending time in the barn riding, but also enjoyed many evenings at the barn socializing; and weekends supporting fellow boarders at local horse shows, horse trials and other events.

The horses were always happy at Southwind and the care was and still is excellent. It is the perfect facility to go to enjoy spending time with your horse. It’s nice to have a place where you know the horses’ needs are always first. They say time flies when you are having fun, as September would mark the beginning of our 17th year at Southwind Farm. As I have recently relocated out of state, I was able to take my horses with me. But that is not without saying how much I will miss the Southwind “family” and will look forward to staying in touch.  Not only did I have the opportunity to make lifelong friends, but my horses made life long friends too." 


And here are some beautiful photos of the farm taken last week!  Photos courtesy of Laura Muncy, Heather Achen and Constance Yuan. 










No comments:

Post a Comment